Department of English

The Department of English was opened in the same year of establishment of the college on 21 August, 1979. At the initial stage, the department taught the Pre-university course (now Higher Secondary) under Gauhati University. When in 1984 the college was upgraded to under-graduate level, the department also started the Under-graduate course in 1984. During non-deficit stage, the department was served by eminent teachers Sri Chiranjiv Jain and Dr. Amar Nayak. When the college was brought under deficit-grants-in-aid system by the government, Md. Rouchan Ali joined the department as permanent Lecturer in 1992. Md. Rouchan Ali retired from his service in 2005 and Manoj Kumar Kalita was appointed to the vacant post in December, 2005 as permanent Lecturer. The department was also served by some dedicated teachers on Part-time basis in different Academic Sessions and among mention must be made of Sri Dipankar Sarma, Sri Gautam Sarma, Sri Utpal Patowary, Sri Mallika Das, Sri Rinki Barman and Sri Chandamita Devi. Besides teaching regular courses under AHSEC and Gauhati University, the department also offers Communicative Skill Development Programme in self-financing mode.

Faculty

Mr. Manoj Kumar Kalita. M.A.,M.Phil,PGCTE,PGDTE.
Sr. Assistant Professor
Contact No : 03624-220249 (O), 985-493-1937 (M), 881-101-6522 (M)
Email: mkkalita_ncc@rediffmail.com
View & Download Profile


Ranjana Bhattacharyya, M.A.
Assistant Professor(Contractual)
Contact No : 03624-220249 (O), 8473851162 (M)
Email: NA
View & Download Profile